Who We Are
Shine People Consulting is a Nelson based people and organisation development consultancy with big experience. Our focus is simple; building people and organisational performance through current : future state analysis, the design and implementation of simple, workable and sustainable solutions that deliver business results. We have twenty years experience gained internationally across businesses of all sizes and across all sectors. We have a track record of success and an established reputation for professional expertise and the ability to deliver business outcomes that count.
We are trusted, friendly and love what we do. We get a kick out of seeing people, teams and organisations succeed.... okay, Shine!
What We Offer
We provide a range of in-house or outsourced services tailored to your business:
Human Resource Services:
- Human Resources locum and outsourcing
- Workplace bullying and harrassment support; policy development and implementation, investigations, staff training in identifying, understanding and managing issues, remedial coaching
- Developing and implementing HR policy and guidelines (tailored to suit your business)
- Developing Codes of Conduct, Employee Handbooks and operating policy manuals
- Employee engagement; We work with you to understand the reasons behind low engagement scores and develop strategies and action plans to resolve the issues. The outcome is improved productivity and business outcomes
- Performance management - from designing appraisal frameworks to resolving sticky performance issues!
- Performance and leadership coaching using a suite of internationally recognised tools
- People management skills training - design and delivery
- Team building and development - improving relationships and performance
- Workplace conflict resolution
- Employment investigations into disciplinary and bullying/harrassment issues
- Facilitation services - planning sessions, focus groups, small or large group meetings
- Certified in MBTI Step I™ and Step II™, Extended DISC® and Lominger tools
Organisation Development Services
- People Strategy and operational planning
- Project management
- Change management - working with both staff and management in leading and managing change
- Culture and Engagement
- Leadership development : at all levels
- Succession planning
- Professional coaching and mentoring
Find out more about the services we offer by clicking here.
Why Work With Us?
Shine People offers tailored, practical and flexible people related business solutions to help organisations and their people succeed. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to companies locally and nationally. Importantly, clients tell us that we are easy to work with! We work with you on the people side of the business:
- Small to medium size businesses who don’t need a full time HR manager on their payroll, but who do need HR support on a one-off or periodic basis
- Business owners who need external expertise in strategy development while they go about the day-to-day running of their business
- People leaders and managers who need support in addressing a people or team issue
- Companies and organisations who need outsourced consultancy expertise in the implementation and management of key projects; organisational change; staff and line management training and organisational development
Whether your organisation is based in Nelson, Blenheim or further afield, you can tap into our proven expertise as and when required.
Don't let those tricky people issues keep you awake at night. Let us help you.
Denise has proven to be a very capable and professional facilitator and educator for our business. She has helped our staff become proficient in concepts and skills that they were unfamiliar with and they now utilise these to add significant value to our business
Lees Seymour, Managing Director, Nelson Forests Ltd.
Denise knows her stuff! She can do the entire HR / recruitment process - but as in our case is flexible to allow the client to manage parts / stages of the process themselves. No surprises - she kept us up-to-date with how costs were tracking throughout the process.
Adrian Laing, Business Manager, Nelson Alarms Ltd.
Denise is very professional in her work and has clear expectations. We consistently receive excellent feedback on her skills and ability to deliver informative and knowledgeable course material in a warm and sensitive manner. She is able to quickly assess the needs of participants and address these in her courses. The best recommendation is when our clients come back asking for more!”
Julie Varney, Director, Business Development Company Ltd.
I worked with Denise on a complex and long term project on building employment capital in the State Sector. Denise's first class mind was able to continually navigate the multi-layered facets of the project's scope across both the internal audience and the numerous agencies who were the ultimate clients for this work. Drawing on her rich experience she challenged, questioned and articulated the issues with both humour and deftness of touch. I would not hesitate to recommend Denise's work. She is knowledgeable, dedicated, bright, politically astute and great to work with.
Michael Linley, Managing Director, BrandCapital International
We wished to include an educational session within an inaugural Conference for key members of our wider Southern Regional Team. Denise was recommended to us via a local Business mentor. She matched our needs with an excellent and relevant topic. On the day - Flight delays necessitated Denise to think laterally to reconfigure her session which she achieved without compromising the value to the attendees. Well done and thanks Denise for a memorable addition to our meeting.
Ian Briggs, Marlborough/Nelson/West coast Provincial Manager, Sky TV
I can’t thank Denise enough. When I first moved to NZ from the UK, I was finding it difficult to get interviews for the jobs I wanted. She helped me enormously in improving my C.V. and then with the subsequent interview processes ; which questions to anticipate, doing a mock interview and even the best way to dress! She certainly knows her stuff. Denise is patient, kind and insightful; she completely understood my lack of confidence and knew exactly how to prepare me for the interviews that followed. Result ? I’m very happily settled in my new job!
When an employee of ours was needing to be spoken to about their low performance, poor management and bullying manner towards other staff members, we contacted Denise for advice on how to handle the matter. Her expertise and helpfulness in instructing us on how to go about this delicate situation was very much appreciated by us both. As Company Directors, we acknowledged that this sort of behaviour is unacceptable and needed to be quickly and carefully acted upon. We were also mindful that these types of workplace issues can very difficult to manage effectively. Denise’s swift, thorough, accurate and personal approach and advice helped us resolve the problems without any further repercussions. For these reasons, we would highly recommend Denise for any such advice and support.
Directors, Insulation company, Nelson
Denise planned and facilitated an excellent development day for my team, which less experienced facilitators would find quite daunting because some of my team members are also skilled and experienced facilitators. However, Denise had asked the right questions to really understand what the team needed, and planned a fast-paced and fun day. Through a combination of focused group work and full team sessions, Denise expertly guided us to meet our objectives and get the most from our time together. We have some more work to do, and will be inviting Denise back to help keep us focused and on track.
Belinda Wheatley, Service Manager Nelson Marlborough District Health Board, August 2013
Denise this was a great 4 hours. Your presentation seemed to be run with little effort, however I recognise how hard it is to run an hour session, so you are truly skilled at this! Thank you for all your help.
Maura Foley, Team Leader, NZ Blood Service